Transitional Support Funding – Shelter Related
It is the policy of Niigaaniin to provide financial assistance to persons in receipt of Niigaaniin or ODSP financial assistance as well as to qualified low-income individuals and families who reside on one of the Niigaaniin First Nation territories and meet specified eligibility criteria – to secure, retain and/or maintain a home in a safe and healthy condition.
This financial assistance is provided from a VERY limited Transitional Support Fund (TSF) Shelter Related.
The TSF Shelter Related objectives are to help individuals and families:
- To prevent evictions/disconnections (help with rental/energy arrears)
- To obtain and retain their housing (help with rent deposits, energy deposits, energy top ups )
- To establish a new residence (help with purchase of essential furniture)
- To move to better accommodation or accommodation in a better location related to education or employment
- To address health and safety issues (including home repairs)